Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First few weeks of music

I don't really remember how many weeks since the first music class but, i do remember what we did. On the first day, everyone began choosing their instruments, I didn't really know what to pick since they don't have any vocal, Tristan suggested that I should choose the violin. So after thinking about it, I decided to pick the violin. Then on instrument class, Mr Sadrakh showed us the violin, but, since we're new, Mr Sadrakh told other students to play if I'm not mistaken. On the next music class, I think that Mr Sadrakh introduced to us some traditional music. The music is called "O Ina Ni Keke"On instrument class, Mr Sadrakh showed us how to hold the violin and the bow. On the next music session, we practiced O Ina Ni Keke and kept on practicing and on instrument class, Mr Sadrakh gave us(the new students) our first song to play and he said we had to practice at home. The song is "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Tristan helped me on the 1st few notes. On the next music session, Mr Sadrakh gave us a new song, it's called "Apuse". It's another traditional music, but shorter than O Ina Ni Keke. Then, on instrument class, Mr Sadrakh told each of us to play a piece. On the next music session, Mr Sadrakh told us to sing the Apuse song for practice. Then, on instrument class, I was able to play all the songs Mr Sadrakh gave me with some help from Tristan. On the next session, Mr Sadrakh told us to make a Power Point about a certain type of music. My group chose Sundanese music. On instrument class, Mr Sadrakh gave me a song called "Song of the wind". The middle part was tricky though but i could do it. On the past few weeks, Mr Sadrakh gave us some homework and we checked it altogether until it was time to present. My group was the 2nd to perform. Most of the other groups didn't get to present for some reasons. Now this week, Mr Sadrakh told us to get ready and practice our instruments because he said we are going to perform for our assessment.

1 comment:

  1. i thought we have to do 1 day 1 reflection! Cheater! BTW. this is Atta

    ReplyDelete